Sunday, April 29, 2012

Hands on with Lima, a browser based Cydia alternative

Over the years there has been no shortage of proclaimed Cydia replacements, alternatives, and supplements.
Lima is the latest such purported alternative, but it has one unique thing going for it that makes it a bit different from the others — it’s entirely browser based.
Is Lima a legitimate threat to Cydia’s dominance?
I’ve had the privilege to go hands-on with a beta copy, and I’d like to share some of the things that I found with you.

Setting it all up
Since I’m testing a beta copy, the setup process is likely a bit more cumbersome that it will be once it officially launches.
As it stands, setting up the Lima beta involves the following.
■Adding a unique source to Cydia
■Downloading the Lima service
■Rebooting the iPhone
■Navigating to a unique URL via Safari to authorize my device.
It’s a lot of steps, but again, this is apparently just for the beta authorization. I’ve been provided with 4 additional beta invites that we will be giving away in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment